Monday, July 7, 2008

New Sewing Machine!


School finally ended, and my birthday is coming up in a couple months, so my parents decided they wanted to get me a sewing machine, like I told them to. Well... I slyly suggested it (by saying, "I want a sewing machine for my birthday. And I think I should get it early, because if I wait until mid-August I won't have much time to play with it before school starts.") and now I am the proud owner of a Singer 7444 Precision.

So after the initial obstacles of setting it up, which was relatively easy considering the only experience I have sewing was when I was in 7th grade, I went ahead and started with my first project, a headband. Although I'd like to post how I made it, it didn't turn out as well as I'd like, so I'll probably try it again later and chronicle the steps.

The end result wasn't as good as I'd hoped, mostly because I didn't make the ends as long as I thought they should be. So I'll try it again later with a few differences. Here is the end result:

No comments: